Ausfresh Antipasto Stuffed Chicken Breasts (Serves 4)
- ¼ cup Ausfresh artichoke roughly chopped
- ¼ cup chopped Ausfresh semi dried tomato
- 30g Provolone cheese, chopped
- 30g Ausfresh kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp minced flat-leaf parsley
- Ground pepper to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (125g. each)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, stir together the artichoke, tomato, Provolone cheese, olives, garlic and parsley.Season with pepper, to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 180 oC.
- Insert a knife into the thickest part of each chicken breast and cut a pocket.
- Rub the chicken breasts with the olive oil & season with the salt & pepper.
- Stuff each breast with ¼ of the filling.
- Heat a large nonstick, ovenproof pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Place in the oven and bake until the chicken is just cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan & let rest for 8 minutes. Slice and serve.